Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pride Cometh Before The Fall

I have noticed a lot of pride in a certain friend of mine. This friend feels as if he can do no wrong. He is living on top of the world. He has the perfect family, the perfect house, all the money he can dream of, power, influence, etc. At first, he seemed to genuinely be praising God for the success brought to him and his family. 

Recently, he has started to become prideful. Within the last year or so, he is becoming more blatant in espousing his ideals, not caring what one thinks of him. Where before he would keep his mouth shut and let everyone adore him and assume they knew him, he has been letting his mouth run off. Pride is getting in his way. Fame is getting to his head. The money makes him hungrier and greedier. I'm not even sure he realizes what is going on, but he is stepping further away from God every day, and clearly thinking of himself instead of others. Just the other day, this friend told me that he was confident that he was going to remain at the top for a very long time, and his legacy would be an inspiration to others for many generations to come. I mentioned to him that he sounded a bit prideful, and he became angry. He told me that clearly I did not know what I was talking about, and I needed to get my own life in line with God before I started telling others about pride. He told me that all of his children are safe from the world while mine are in it everyday. Troy told him that our children being in the world is what will make them stronger. Ten years from now, will his youngest ones be as secure being sheltered all their lives as our oldest ones being allowed to venture into the world? Our friend then became irate and asked us to leave.

I'm not sure how to handle this. How do you tell someone you love that they are being prideful? I suppose he won't see it until he falls... but even then, will he see it, or will he blame everyone else around him?

I pray for his wife and his children, as well as for him. I pray they all see what needs to be seen before the fall happens... otherwise the fall will be hard on them all.

6 comments:

  1. Tell him you're out of aspirin, so he's going to have to shut up ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sister! Its are cross to bare when we tell someone there doing wrong and they're pride don't allow them to heed our wise council! Its a shame he don't see you as the Godly Proverbs 31 woman you are! But it would of ben wiser if you had your husband pass on this wisdom! For your husband is the head and you are the neck. The neck turns the head but every head has only one neck!

    in Jesus name, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know that there is a content warning on your blog....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting that this hasn't got more attention... I'm pretty sure she is talking about Jim Bob Duggar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a twin.

    http://aizahkaman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. And [Jesus] said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. (‭John‬ ‭8‬:‭7‬ KJV)

    ReplyDelete

I would be delighted to hear what you have to say. Please comment and I will joyfully respond!