Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Throw Together Dinner

Tonight, we didn't have much in the house. Well, we had a lot of things, but nothiing that goes together and makes a nice meal. So I improvised!

Throw Together Dinner

I took some fish from the bottom of the freezer and spread some roasted garlic hummus on it. I laid it in the bottom of my pans, and preheated the over to 350

Next I took the rest of my black eyed peas and sprinkled them on top until there was a single layer across the pan. I then did the same with green peas, broccoli, and corn. Finally, I took some sliced cheese and laid it on top, and put it in the oven for 20 minutes. when it came out, I mixed it all together so the fish and cheese made its way in through the veggies

It came out wonderful. There was a nice even flavor of garlic and cheese. My youngest daughter hates veggies and fish, but she couldn't even taste the veggies or fish!

I will definitely have to make this again!

5 comments:

  1. I'm really bad at throwing together meals so this is really impressive to me! Sounds delicious too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh! sounds delicious. Maybe next time use picture. I wanna see how good it looks. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's my recipe:

    -- Take some fish out of the freezer, lay it on a pan.
    -- Smear hummus over the fish.
    -- Sprinkle with broccoli, corn, blackeyed peas.
    -- Lay a few slices of cheese on top.
    -- Toss this pile of crap in the garbage and head for McDonald's.

    Works for us every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds disgusting

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! We tried this last night, but used:

    Salmon (not sure if you used white fish)
    Hominy (we didn't have corn)
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Peas
    Green Beans
    Hummus
    Mexican Four Cheese Blend

    It came out very green colored, and a little "soupy" but the spicy cheese masked the fishy flavor. I sprinkled Fritos on top of mine to add some crunch.

    Next time, we're going to try it with canned tuna and cube steak!

    ReplyDelete

I would be delighted to hear what you have to say. Please comment and I will joyfully respond!