Saturday, October 18, 2014

Cloth Diapers!

First off, this is incredible

http://theecofriendlyfamily.com/2011/04/need-diapers-emergency-or-no-cash-no/

I personally would have never thought to use a t-shirt as a cloth diaper. I think I will run by a few thrift stores later to see what I can find!

I think cloth diapers are very invaluable. They are quite amazing! You don't have to spend a fortune in disposables! You just wash and reuse!

My husband bought a sink sprayer and a couple of other small parts and attached it to our plumbing system in the bathroom so we had a sprayer for poop to go into the toilet. Did you know you shouldn't throw poop away, so you should be dumping your childs poop into the toilet, no matter what kind of diaper you use?

So why not cloth diaper? Its easy, effective, and if you are hard up, you can always use a t-shirt!

11 comments:

  1. Why shouldn't you throw poop away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why shouldn't you throw poop away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biohazard. Its like when you draw blood and stuff, you have to handle it a specific way. You can't just have random bodily fluids anywhere, you have to handle them properly. Poop is the same way. You need to flush it down the toilet.

      Delete
  3. So, all puked on paper towels, tissues from a cold or bloody nose, etc are handled as biohazard in your home also? All those free ranging bodily fluids mixing with your rotting, bacteria-ridden garbage would be tragedy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do treat them as biohazards. It all goes flushed down the toilet.

      Delete
  4. Ok, you can't throw away poop, but on October 18th you claimed you all can't go back to the park because you all peed there? Random bodily fluids in a public place. Ew. You seriously all pee wherever you want? You TEACH this? Wow. Issues. So your kids pee on the school playground if they want? Shouldn't it be handled like a bodily fluid and flushed?! Animals! Heathens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We compost our baby poo. It makes our home grown green beans and tomatoes taste so delicious. Plus, I save a fortune by not buying Miracle Grow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When my first child was born, my then-husband worked for a company that manufactured disposable diapers, so we had a garage-full of them, all give-aways (dented boxes removed from store shelves and returned to the sales reps but still perfectly usable, etc.) Wouldn't you know, my son was ALLERGIC to them? I had to switch to cloth diapers. I used a diaper service because I worked outside the home (at husband's insistence; I didn't want to) but the cloth diapers worked so much better than the disposables, plus they didn't create landfill clutter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Exactly!

      What did you do with the disposable diapers?

      Delete

I would be delighted to hear what you have to say. Please comment and I will joyfully respond!