Monday, August 18, 2014

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for my girls. I was anxious. They both are going into second grade. I decided today to allow them a little freedom. Its so scary. I was so tempted to go and watch them play at recess, to go and eat lunch with them, but I didn't. Yes, I really don't like the idea of them going to school, but at least its not a public school, at least they are with like minded individuals. Anything that comes up that is unnecessary for them to know about or anything with conflicting views from myself and my husband can easily be explained away. Hopefully we won't encounter this for a while. My children are strong. I have faith in how I have raised them. If they swing next to another kid on the playground, or say hi to a classmate, it isn't the end of the world.

It is still my job to protect them. I still need to guard their minds from influences that would be bad for them. I need to make sure they are kept safe in this world, that they stay children for as long as possible. I am the one who must guide them. God gave me these babies as precious gifts, and although I cannot keep them at home now, even though they are starting to fly away sooner than I wished for them to, maybe this is a good thing. I have to trust my babies. I have to trust that I am raising them the right way.

7 comments:

  1. You are making good progress, sister! I'm so proud of you. Keep on trusting God and committing your children to Him. I hope you continue to share, into the next 7 years when you watch Nataleigh get married. I'd like to read her perspective on that one day too. But, one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many schools ask for parent volunteers. Maybe you could go once a week and read to their classroom. I'm sure you have some of their favorite books you could bring. The kids always love having their parent come eat lunch with them and their classmates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart weeps at what your precious pure children might encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I feel The Lord is leading me to teach my children how to speak like they do in the King James Bible. I feel like it is a more biblical way to live and help us to grow in holiness. I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

    Your sister in Christ,
    Christ's Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you're just kidding? The people in the Bible did not speak like the King James Bible, so why would you think that manner of speaking would be holier? Seriously, the original language of the Bible was the normal everyday speech of that culture -- just as the King James version was the normal speech of that culture. And we are now speaking in the normal everyday speech of our culture -- one is not holier than another. Just mind that your kids don't speak in a filthy way.

      Delete
  5. I too would freak out on the first day of school (and every day thereafter) until I had a peaceful feeling that the school was a good place and I was involved enough to know what is going on. It'll all be okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At first I. Thought this was just satire. After seeing the disgustings pics of your house and reading more, I think you are mentally ill. I would love to know where you live so I could ask for a welfare check on your poor children.

    ReplyDelete

I would be delighted to hear what you have to say. Please comment and I will joyfully respond!