Saturday, July 12, 2014

God Makes No Mistakes

I heard this song the other day in church. It is beautiful and resonated with me. Here are the lyrics

Why, I've heard people say
Why is this tree bent
Why they don't have God enough to know
That's the way that it was meant
why is this little baby born
all twisted and out of shape
We're not to question what he does
God makes no mistakes

Why I've heard people say
Why is my child blind
Why is that old drunk still livin
When a daddy like mine is dyin
our blessed father gives us life
has the power to take it away
There's no reason for what he does
God makes no mistakes

Why I've heard people say
God cannot be alive
And all the things people say
Has to be a lie
When they're down and out
And they need a hand
And their very souls at stake
If they'll call on him and just believe
God makes no mistakes

4 comments:

  1. godly-young-widowJuly 12, 2014 at 6:53 PM

    That is such a beautiful song! The anniversary of my husband's death is coming soon, and I really needed that as a reminder to keep on trusting Him to meet my needs.
    Do you like all kinds of music? What kind of musical genre were you trying to get yourself into way back then? You should use your music in church; it is such a blessing! Too bad I live so far away or your kids could take music lessons from me. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit, I do love all kinds of music. Back then, I was trying to get into country music, Loretta Lynn was my idol. I was surprised to learn this was her song!

      We do not listen to any songs that do not glorify God. However, music and God transcend all boundaries, so you can find beautiful songs about God anywhere! My husbands favorite song is "Jesus Is Just Alright" by the Doobie Brothers!

      Delete
  2. So you are down with the Gays then, since God doesn't make mistakes??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you enjoy purely symphonic music, then? Instrumental music transcends language, and there is a lot of it out there that is absolute joy to the ears!

    ReplyDelete

I would be delighted to hear what you have to say. Please comment and I will joyfully respond!