Saturday, June 14, 2014

To the Doctor!

My husband insisted we see a doctor this time around for the baby. See, last time we had complications with preeclampsia and our little bub nearly didn't make it. My husband intervened during my home birth and forced me in the car and to the hospital. I'm sure if he had not intervened, we would have been fine, but my husband insists we go to the doctor to make sure I and our newest child go to the doctor. He has compromised, and if all is well, we will use a midwife instead.

I am about eight weeks along. We heard the heartbeat of our youngest child. When I asked if it was a boy or girl, the doctor told us we can't know that for at least another ten weeks! Hmph! Some doctor! My midwife knows all the tricks and has accurately predicted each of my baby's gender from day one!



When I got home, Kaileigh started up again about wanting to be a doctor. I told her UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES would ANY daughter of mine be a doctor! Kaileigh went to her room and cried. Oh well. A child must have her dreams crushed to be subservient and follow the will of God. I remember when my parents crushed my dream of becoming a singer. Best thing that ever happened to me! Now I am a joyful mother and wife. Kaileigh will thank me when she is older.

7 comments:

  1. You don't need no doctor. All you have to do is stuff black eyed Susan's (flowers only don't try the stems it's brutal) that were harvested under a widows moon into your birth canal whenever you start having symptoms of pre eclampsia ! Works every single time, just make sure it's under the widows moon when you gather the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope if your daughter really dreams of becoming a doctor, she goes for it! Once she is 18, she can work and go to college, without your permission. I have two daughters and would NEVER crush their dreams. I want my girls to go to college and realize they hold the power to make their dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaileigh will thank me when she is married and has a family of her own. My parents crushed a dream of mine, and now I am thrilled with my life! My parents really did know best, and I know whats best for my Kaileigh.

      Delete
  3. You are crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. godly-young-widowJune 23, 2014 at 7:31 PM

    Are you on the look-out for an "intended" for her as well? Or, will you allow her to spend a day, or few weeks, with a doctor? Your parents sent your uncle to take you to Nashville to get it out of your system, right? Maybe something like that could work for Kayleigh as well. Or, in addition to that, maybe some medical books for bedtime stories? I've heard it's worked for some; they fall asleep or lose attention when they hear all the big words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know, Troy isn't looking. I will bring the idea up to him about the medical books. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. How can you be so sure that God's will is not for your daughter to become a doctor? God gave us the gift of free will and I hope your daughter figures that out for herself as she grows into a mature woman. You may be right she could grow up and thank you but she may also grow up to resent you.

    ReplyDelete

I would be delighted to hear what you have to say. Please comment and I will joyfully respond!