Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Great Name Debate

My husband asked me what I had thought about naming our child. I told him "Kymberleigh Dayton and Bartholomew Bonaparte." He said "If you want to name our daughter Kymberleigh, thats on you. But no son of mine will be named Bartholomew." "Well what kind of name do YOU think is appropriate for the Man Of God our son will be someday?" I asked. "I believe we will name our son Nathan." he said. My jaw dropped. Before I could say anything, he said "Now remember, YOU are naming the girls, and I am naming the boys. That was the agreement after you named our first two."


I have to submit to my husband, but I am not happy about it. Please pray he sees reasoning and common sense. Can you imagine? Nathan! What a horrid, COMMON name!

7 comments:

  1. I think Bartholomew is a wonderful name. I will keep your husband in my prayers, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to submit your husband. He knows so much more than you do. Nathan is a perfectly handsome name, common as it is. Someone has to be common in this world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who is going to listen to a preacher named Nathan!? Bartholomew is a name that COMMANDS attention!

      Delete
  3. I think you should go for the obvious here, Nathan Leigh ! It's uncommon but still masculine- think Robert E Lee. I don't think it could be anymore perfect and fitting for a godly young man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Nathan Bartholomew Lee? I can call him Bartholomew then.

      Delete
  4. Um, isn't it a bit disrepcectful of you to post something negative about your husband on this blog? I don't think that's a very submissive attititude... Just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What did I say that was negative? That he was being unreasonable? Maybe you're right, maybe I should take this post down, or edit out the negativity.

      Delete

I would be delighted to hear what you have to say. Please comment and I will joyfully respond!