Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Fraud!?

Yesterday I was in attendance at the wedding of Jill Duggar and Derick Dillard. I will not be sharing photos because there was explicit orders to not take any pictures of the wedding. So, I did not get any pictures. It was a beautiful wedding, and it was especially touching when they shared their first kiss. It wasn't the least bit awkward. In fact, it was really nice. Derick then grabbed Jill's hand, and they ran out the sanctuary! So sweet! The after party was at the Duggar home, and it was lovely. There were friends and food and happiness. My children played with the Duggar children and everyone got along and had a blast.

 Today, I come back to find out that I am a fraud. Lori Alexander and her husband, who so wisely counseled me not too long ago, have claimed that I am a fake and a spoof.

 First of all, it is NOT Christlike to be mean, so I will not state anything mean.

 Secondly, I was called to be a wife and a mother when I was 13. Prior to that, I had a dream of wanting to be a singer/songwriter. I had already written several songs, and they really were quite good. I was home schooled. My parents discouraged my dreams, but I kept dreaming. One day, my mother pulled me aside and told me that women could not ever be truly happy away from home. If I really wanted to pursue my dream, she wouldn't stop me, but I would soon learn her words were true. My Uncle Larry loaded me up in his truck and we went to Nashville. I stayed in Nashville for two months trying to break in as a tiny songstress. Dolly Parton and Brenda Lee were my heros, and I wanted to be just like them.

After two months, there was nothing in sight. The record producers told me I was too young. One even told me to come back in ten years. I kept pushing, but there was nothing. I went to bed and cried myself to sleep.

The next morning I asked my Uncle to take me home. I tried, but failed. So he took me home, and I began my new dream of being a stay at home mother.

I met my husband Troy ten years ago. My father pushed courtship, and we obliged. We were allowed to hold hands and hug, and that was all. We had a chaperone on us at all times. I saved my first kiss for the alter, just like Derick and Jill. We were married January 25th 2005.

We had Nataleigh August 14th 2005. She was my first baby, and I was so proud of her. I loved getting to watch her walk and crawl. She was a month early so I was scared.

February 5th 2008 we had Kaileigh. Baileigh came along January 9th 2010. And Matthew came to us Christmas day of 2013.

My husband believes in raising an army for God. He wants us to raise our children to be Godly children. I want him to be happy. I was taught to submit to my husband. No, I don't necessarily LIKE the idea of my daughter being married off at 13. But my husband knows best, because he was raised to be a Man Of God. I'm just a woman. What do I know besides babies and housekeeping?

19 comments:

  1. The Duggars are SO inspiring! You are SO lucky to go to Jill's wedding! I was worried she would end up an old maid because she's already 23. Sometimes finding a man really is THAT complicated, especially if you have to wait SO long!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thankfully, honey, you don't have to worry about your daughter being married at the age of 13 because it is illegal in America. If your husband tries to do something like that, you should contact the proper authorities. And of course you know lots besides babies and housekeeping, I'm sure! :) For one thing, you can write! And apparently your husband allows you to have a blog. That is very big of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let my husband know it is illegal, and we will look into a more appropriate age.

      Delete
    2. That is categorically untrue, Freida. In fact, many states allow young teens to marry as long as they have their parents' permission and/or a court order. TWIR can avoid all that drama if they just leave the state out of the marriage entirely. Only God can truly bless a marriage, so TWIR and her head-of-household can solemnify the vows and help the young couple get off to the right start without the government's intervention.

      Delete
  3. How do you know the Duggars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up with Josh and Jana. We lived near each other when they lived in the old house. They were my friends. I am a year older than Josh.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for answering, just wondering, do y'all go to same church with Duggars? Are the beliefs the same?

      Delete
    3. No, we moved out of state right after we married

      Delete
  4. A spoof? You? Never! BTW, how many jars of pickles were there at the reception? You are so luck you got to go! 1,000 people - I would never want to feed that many but I heard JimmyBob got to hang onto his money and had people donate food. Smart move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter cannot marry at 13 in America. Maybe in a third world country but not here. Sorry. You will be jailed and your children taken away. The government is huge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And in America, women are just as much as men. You can do anything you want. You don't know just babies and housekeeping. You can do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who in their right mind would want their daughter to marry at 13? That is just NUTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you.some one should report this woman.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must be a fraud because they didn't have the reception at the house. Silly you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this can't be real as a wife and mother and a woman im offended! Im intelligent and I am valued like every woman don't demean your daughters let them get an education and let them live life with purpose for themselves!! U disgust me n Michelle is not in the same category as you love she lets her children discover them selves and get an education and jobs n opportunities! !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I find it funny that your first child was born 7 months after your wedding. Even though you say she was born a month early, her due date would've only been 8 months from your wedding date. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... Doesn't add up

      Delete
    2. She said they saved their first KISS for their weddings day, didn't say anything about not knocking boots until they were married. I think this blog is just some bored persons idea of entertainment.

      Delete
  12. You are not real. I know this is just a satire blog. I wonder who is really behind the blogs!? Some extreme liberal making fun of conservatives, I suppose. Get a life!!

    ReplyDelete

I would be delighted to hear what you have to say. Please comment and I will joyfully respond!